C. Supervised Independent Living

Supervised independent living allows a youth to live in residential foster care in a more independent setting, but these placements are not required to be regulated/licensed child-care facilities (e.g., possibly a college dorm). Children who live in an "approved" supervised independent living setting will be eligible for Title IV-E funding.

CPS does not supervise the youth’s living situation or maintain contact unless the youth is receiving transitional living services such as the Transitional Living Allowance and Aftercare Room and Board, Education and Training Voucher, and Aftercare Case management.

For more information, please see the Extended Court Jurisdiction Flowchart, Extended Jurisdiction Matrix, and the Transitional Living Services Handout developed by DFPS.[48]