D. Permanency Progress Report After Final Order
1. Filing the Permanency Progress Report After Final Order
Not later than the 10th day before the date set for a Permanency Hearing After Final Order, DFPS shall file a permanency progress report with the court. Tex. Fam. Code § 263.502(a). For good cause shown, the court may order a different time for filing the report or that a report is not required for a specific hearing. Tex. Fam. Code § 263.502(a-2).
2. Copies of Report Provided
Special Issue: If all necessary persons entitled to notice were properly notified and are before the court but did not receive the Permanency Progress Report, a court might consider allowing the persons the opportunity to review the report during a recess.
3. Permanency Progress Report Contents
The permanency progress report must contain:
• Information necessary for the court to conduct the Permanency Hearing and make its findings and determinations under Tex. Fam. Code § 263.5031;
• Information on significant events, as defined by Tex. Fam. Code § 264.018; and
• Any additional information DFPS determines is appropriate or that is requested by the court and relevant to the court’s findings and determinations under Tex. Fam. Code§ 263.5031. Tex. Fam. Code § 263.502(a-1).