F. Order for Required Participation
On request of DFPS, the court may require participation in services provided by DFPS.
1. Who May Be Ordered to Participate
• Managing conservator; or
• Other member of child's household. Tex. Fam. Code § 263.203.
2. Court May Order
Participation in the services DFPS provides or purchases to:
• Alleviate the effects of the abuse or neglect that has occurred;
• Reduce the reasonable likelihood that the child may be abused or neglected in the immediate or foreseeable future; and
• Permit the child and any siblings of the child to receive the services. Tex. Fam. Code § 264.203(a).
Such participation may be ordered whether the child resides in the home or has been removed from the home. Tex. Fam. Code § 264.203(b).
3. Failure to Comply
If the person ordered to participate in the services fails to follow the court’s order, the court may impose appropriate sanctions in order to protect the health and safety of the child, including removal of the child. Tex. Fam. Code § 264.203(c).
4. If NOT Ordering Participation, Court Shall Specify Reasons in Writing
If the court does not order the person to participate, the court in writing shall specify the reasons for not ordering participation. Tex. Fam. Code § 264.203(d).