A. Purpose of the ICPC
The purpose of the ICPC is to protect the child and the party states in the interstate placement of children so that:
• The child is placed in a suitable environment;
• The receiving state has the opportunity to assess that the proposed placement is not contrary to the interests of the child and that its applicable laws and policies have been followed before it approves the placement;
• The sending state obtains enough information to evaluate the proposed placement;
• The care of the child is promoted through appropriate jurisdictional arrangements; and
• The sending agency or individual guarantees the child legal and financial protection.