G. Permanency Planning Meetings
1. Timing of Permanency Planning Meetings
DFPS shall hold a permanency planning meeting for each child for whom DFPS is appointed temporary managing conservator in accordance with department rule that is designed to allow the child to exit the managing conservatorship of DFPS safely and as soon as possible and be placed with an appropriate adult caregiver who will permanently assume legal responsibility for the child. Tex. Fam. Code § 263.009(a).
2. Permanency Planning Meeting Requirements
At each permanency planning meeting, DFPS shall:
• Identify any barriers to achieving a timely permanent placement for the child;
• Develop strategies and determine actions that will increase the probability of achieving a timely permanent placement for the child; and
• Use the family group decision-making model whenever possible. Tex. Fam. Code § 263.009(b).